Friday, April 6, 2012

Night trek to Kabbal Durga Betta on Republic Day




When I was a kid in school, I remember being very excited about the Republic Day Celebration with flag hoisting at 08:30 AM, National anthem and most importantly the cookies,snacks and chocolates. I always admired the freedom fighters and felt proud to be an Indian. Times change, as now I was busy with the corporate life schedule and Republic day was just another day to relax at home for all my colleagues. But I decided to change this year and make it adventurous and memorable for life. 

I then chose to decide for a Night trek with a group of 14 people to a place nearby to Bangalore called the Kabbal Durga Betta. The distance from the city was about 75 kms directing towards Kanakpura Road. We started our journey at 10 PM in a pattern that bikers love the most. I was enjoying my ride with my lovely Red Karizma speeding smooth on the black bed with white strips parting it to half. Keeping the swift mostly onto the left side, I could feel the chill breeze hitting my face and like its romancing me through the journey. While experiencing this pleasure, I could clearly see the moon shining bright white and talking to me though the travel with immense love. The company of bikes, friends, night, moon and the stars was just the best combination for my trip. 

The ride was about 2 hours roughly including the tea and smoke break. We reached the place, so called the base point of the trek and parked our vehicles and took out the gears, torch and sleeping bed. The guide who had done more than 250 treks in his life had joined us to initially brief about entire trek. We were introduced to the group and had the sight of the finish line where we all as a team had to reach the point.

The enthu was right, the passion was tight, the target was on height and it was a dream night. 




No comments:

Post a Comment