Friday, April 6, 2012

Mumbai meri jaan

This time my travel was planned to Mumbai earlier called as Bombay. But if you ask me, I call it as the " City of Dreams " where huge mass comes with a dream to make a fortune in this city. If you take a flight to land in Chathrapathi Shivaji Airport, you at first might think its "City of slum" and recollect the famous movie called Slumdog Millionaire. You aint wrong but I suggest you dont judge the city so soon. There is a huge lots to offer in Mumbai.

I decided to explore Mumbai as an traveler very new to the city or may be like a visitor for the first time. As I found myself at the Andheri East on the map of Mumbai, I met a taxi driver named Manoj ji, who hailed from Lucknow. He at first tried to gauge my knowledge of the city and language i spoke. I was comfortable talking to him in Hindi and asked him to take me to the hotel where my accommodation was booked. It was nice to know that they were warm in their approach and nice.

I reached the Khar West near Bandra, where my accommodation at Hotel Ramee Residency was booked. I gave the money to the driver and was only shocked to see the 2 rupee change offered back in return. The first lesson I learnt was that these guys respect each penny and believe in working hard to make a living.

Lesson 1: Value each rupee that you earn or spend. 

Lesson 2: Every Hard work gets its reward only at the right time. So love your work and respect your occupation. 




The pic above is taken at the Hotel room.

No comments:

Post a Comment